Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Putting My New Hammer to Use

While at SUNY Buffalo, UB, I worked on many plays: some classics, some modern works, some original works and some just too odd to categorize.
Over my fours years at UB I also worked on at least five or six dance concerts.
During my first semester I put my new hammer to work right away on the set for The Misanthrope.
That first semester I also got to work on three dance concerts and another play or two.
We were always very busy at UB working in both of the theatres at the same time.

By my second semester I moved up from being just a general technical assistant to become the master carpenter and master electrician for a number of the productions.
I have put together a list of some of the plays that I worked on while at UB.
I know that I worked on a few others, but these are ones that I still have the program for.
On many of the unlisted plays I served as a general technical assistant, working a day or two just to get the show finished or striking the set.

Here is a list of most of plays that I worked on while at UB from 1974 until 1978:
The Misanthrope
Baal
Apple Pie
Bride of Shakespeare Heaven
A View From the Bridge
The Good Woman of Setzuan
Ronnie Bwana, Jungle Guide
Day of Absence and Happy Ending
The Alley Between Our Two Houses
From the Memoirs of Pontius Pilate
Old Times
The Bacchae
Les Blancs
Trouble in Mind
6 Characters in Search of an Author
Serenading Louie

A Few Titles from the “Unlisted” List of Plays:
Naked Lunch
Bozeman and Lena
Loves Labor Lost
The Blood Knot
Old Timers Sexual Symphony and Other Notes












No comments:

Post a Comment