Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Anything Goes, part II


So, the professional that I am I would never do anything stupid in the Theatre.
As I sat in the back row of the Mainstage Theatre this afternoon I remembered something really dumb I had done in the past.
I seem to remember that at some point during the summer of 1987 with the Anything Goes set on stage I got the bright idea to fire some bottle rockets at the set from the back of the auditorium.
No damage to the set or fires started.
Ah the silly things we did in our youth.
I was only 31, just a baby at the time.
 
I would never do anything like that now, BUT wait I still have some of those same bottle rockets at home.
Gee I wonder if they will still work after 25 years.
They are in my basement and every time I see them I think I should try them but never do.
Oh I better not; we got a new super fire alarm system in the Theatre.

I can assure you that I and many other people have done plenty of other stupid things in Theatres all over the world, most of it just letting off some steam after a long days work.
Maybe I will have to make a new list of all my stupid moments, wait that might be too long.
High school, some flash power and a match . . . . . Lucky to still have eyebrows.
 
Please note that I have recently added some photos to some of my older Blog posts and will add more as I find and scan them.
In my next Blog stories from the 1987-8 school year and four very different productions.
First up: Picnic.
 
 
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment