Friday, March 31, 2017

I am Back to Work! ! ! ! !

After nine months off because of several medical issues I came back to work in the fall semester.
I worked on three theatre productions and several music concerts.
It was nice to be back in the Theatre again but it was still hard for me to do any real work.
My new hip was fine but my other hip was getting worse each day and holding up my rehabilitation.
I had planned to have the second hip done in June, a year after the first, but I could not wait any longer.
Act I


In December, as soon as classes were done, I had my second hip replaced.
It was a great decision as I recovered in half the time as the first and with very little pain.
It has been much easier for me to work with my students this semester and although still limited to how much I can do, I can do much more than I had before.
Each day it gets a bit easier to move, bend and walk.

I can walk a little bit without my crutches but it will be a while before I am stable and safe enough not to need them at work.
We just completed our tenth Festival of Ten and I was able to do some real work and not just point and yell.
Act II

I still yell sometimes just for fun and to keep the students on their toes..
After spring break, a concert or two, a student show and some other assorted events it will be time to work on the spring show, Wonder of the World.

Wonder of The World



No comments:

Post a Comment