Friday, December 11, 2009

Gateway Playhouse 1976, Part 1

There are many things that I want to write about during my summer at Gateway Playhouse.
We did four plays: West Side Story, Annie Get Your Gun, Candide and The Ritz plus several Children’s Shows.
There were so many memorable things that happened and I have started a list to help me remember the details.
I have not decided what I want to talk about first and I am not sure that I want to write about things even after 33 years.
You may have to wait for my book to find out the fun details, but who knows, I may tell you anyway.

Stay Tuned.

The Outline so far:

Mostly College Students
The Hilton
Hurricane Belle
Bicentennial 4th of July
Pound of Nails
Pizza and Miss New York runner-up
Ragtime
The Hobbit
Costume Designer Quits
Re-casting Annie Get Your Gun the last day
The Benefit Show
Jackie Gleason’s TV Sets
The High School Girls
Hugh and the Girls
The Shower
Missing Girls
ATD Bob
TD and Scene Designer Fired
Children’s Theatre
Parking Cars
Going back ten years later to visit one of my students
The Food
The Snake
The Bee Sting
Bugs
The Shop and Tools
Re-wiring the Light Board
Double Headed Nails
The Producer’s 16 years old son
The guy from Cal State Irvine
The Pool
The Character Actor

And yes, Naked People!

No comments:

Post a Comment