Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Still Here, More to Come Soon

I have been very busy with the current play that I am working on, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and have not had any free time to write.

In addition for the first time in 27 years I am moving to a new office and have to pack up everything by the end of next week.
I have given away many of my extra books and have been bringing my plants home as my is new office is smaller and has no windows.
This move is only temporary as they are renovating the Tower Fine Arts Center.
It takes a long time to pack when I am always stopping to go through the papers, photos, draftings and toys that I have accumulated over the past 27 years.

I will get back to writting over the Christmas break and will continue the story of my favorite summer working in Theatre.
Working for a month in NYC was great but many more adventures would happen at Gateway Playhouse.
As I noted in an earlier post the Theatre at St Clements Church has been both an active Church and Theatre for many years and is still going strong:
Gateway Playhouse too has a long history as a Summer Stock Theatre and more information about it can be found on its WEB site:
If you dig through their WEB Site you can find copies of the programs for the shows that I worked on back in 1976.

I am looking forward to getting back to telling my stories, adventures and mostly true tales.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm glad your move is only temporary; your office and the area between the Lab and the classrooms was a great hang out place - how many times did you come out and find us splayed on the floor just hanging waiting for a new class or project to work on? I guess the building is pretty antiquated now and it will be nice to have the whole thing updated. Maybe I can soon make a trip to see the renovation and I look forward to when you get to 1985-88 and your take on those crazy years in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete