Friday, August 6, 2010

My Blog, First Anniversary

One year ago I started writing my blog about my life working in Theatre and I have enjoyed the review of the journey that has taken me to where I am today.
I have only really covered about ten years on working on plays; high school, college and the first year of grad school and there is over thirty years of stories yet to come.
As I have written each blog I have had to stop and review my memories, look through old photos, programs and do some research on the internet and Facebook to find old friends and classmates to see what they have been doing.

It has been nice to reconnect with a few people I have not seen in many years, but the whole process of reviewing events from your life can sometimes leave me feeling a bit melancholy thinking about the days and people of the past.
You can drive yourself crazy if you worry too much about what you did or did not do in the past, it is perhaps best just to remember the good times, smile a bit to oneself and move on.

It is interesting to see where other’s journeys have taken them whether or not they have stayed working in Theatre or not.
An old college friend sent me an e-mail after he found my blog while looking for some information about a play we had worked on over thirty years ago.

I was surprised to find my blog linked from a major computer software site.
It was my book review for “Light Plot Deconstructed” by Gregg Hillmar that prompted me to start my blog in the first place after joking about writing a book for many years.
I needed an online place for my review and a blog seemed like an easy place to put it.
My review is linked from the Vectorworks website: http://delicious.com/VectorWorks/book-review+light-plot-deconstructed.

What started out as a whim turned out to be very enjoyable and I look forward to writing each new entry.
I do not know if the next thirty years of memories will have as much detail as the first ten, but I know that I still have many more tales to tell and hope to add new ones in the coming years.
I have been trying to follow a chronological order in my blog, but have jumped about from time to time, added some of my current adventures, repeated some stories and have jumped off topic and probably I will do it again.

As I have had time and have gone back and re-read my blog, I have found and corrected a few mistakes and I added a few things that I have remembered since I wrote the original blog entry.
I will have to do a complete re-write when I publish the whole blog as my tell-all autobiography after I retire.

A new school year is about to start, the building renovations are coming to an end, but there are still many major things that are not done as of this time.
Whatever building problems there still are they will just be added into the mix of a new academic year with new students and productions and we will all have to wait to see what new, and hopefully interesting, stories develop.

1 comment:

  1. Keylogger
    Many congratulations to you on the first anniversary dear. I always like the posts you made. Thanks a lot for being such a great source of information. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete