Thursday, August 20, 2009

A List of Shows, Part 1

I feel lucky that I was able to work on and see many shows before I went off to college.
When I talk to new students who want to work in Theatre I will ask them how many shows they have worked on and how many professional plays they have seen.
I often am shocked on how few shows the students have been exposed to.
There are of course exceptions and sometimes I see myself in them and wonder what adventures lay ahead for them.

Just for reference a list of plays I worked on or saw while in High School follows:

Plays worked on while in High School
Love is Contagious
Li’l Abner
Done to Death
Brigadoon
Night Watch
Holiday Show ‘72
King and I
Wizard of Oz
Holiday Show ’73
Death and Life of Sneaky Fitch
Guys and Dolls


Plays worked on with the Sayville Musical Workshop
Hello Dolly
Guys and Dolls
Fiddler on the Roof
Anything Goes
Camelot
Promises, Promises
Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Company
No, No Nanette


Broadway and Off-Broadway shows I saw while in High School
Jesus Christ Superstar
Godspell
Grease
Pippin
The Fantasticks


In Paris
Cyrano de Bergerac

There are some other odd bits of things I saw or worked on.
I know I saw a production of Amahl and the Night Visitors at some time or place but the details escape me.
I went to see the Rockettes’ Christmas Show with my Family at Radio City Music Hall.
As a student the school took us to see the film Nicholas and Alexandra also at Radio City.
We had touring events come through the High School and I often got to work setting them up.
A production from Julliard and several music events, but again the details have been lost to me.

More surprises awaited me junior year and details are coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment