Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Elementary School Theatre


So after my stage debut as a page a fairy tale play I moved on to other school skits of various “deep” topics.
I sixth grade I became a playwright.
I wrote a play for class about the Magna Carta.
1215, King John, Habeas corpus . . .
I remember that after I wrote it some others working on the play added some “English” to my American words in the script.
My first experience with collaboration in Theatre.
The play was performed on the stage of the “Cafetorium” of the then brand new Lincoln Ave Elementary school in Sayville, NY in 1968.
My future career was not yet clear to me at this point.
Junior High brought a powerful and moving skit about the bomber crew of the Enola Gay.
I believe we had some cardboard boxes as set pieces.
It was not until High School that I started to work on real plays and see Theatre as a possible career.

No comments:

Post a Comment